Heather Stone is an AV® Rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell®, the preeminent and highest rating for ethics and legal ability. Heather has represented both children and young adults who have been abused or neglected while in the care of the state. At Hite & Stone, Attorneys At Law, we have a passion to serve and seek justice for victims of child abuse and neglect. Heather’s approach involves spending a great deal of time with her clients and reviewing the case from every angle.
It is her goal to be a strong, stable guide for her clients through the legal process. Heather has over 12 years of experience practicing law and has achieved countless favorable verdicts and settlements on behalf of her clients.
A History of Success
Heather graduated valedictorian of Abbeville High School in 1997. In 2001, Heather graduated from Davidson College, cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, with a B.A. degree in Political Science. She then attended the University of Georgia School of Law on an academic scholarship. During law school, she received the CALI award for Legal Ethics and Professionalism. She earned her J.D. degree in 2004, graduating cum laude, and returned to Abbeville to practice law with her dad. She has dedicated her legal career to pursuing justice for her clients and in particular to fighting for abused and neglected children.
Heather was honored in 2018 with a Leadership in Law Award from SC Lawyers Weekly.
Call (864) 366-5400 today to schedule a free consultation with Ms. Stone.
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Civil Rights
- Car and Trucking Accidents
- Workers' Compensation
- Personal Injury
- General Civil Litigation
- South Carolina, 2004
- United States District Court, 2012
- United State Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2018
- University of Georgia, J.D., 2004
- Davidson College, B.A., 2001
Memberships & Associations
- South Carolina Association for Justice Board of Governors (2012-present)
- South Carolina Bar Judicial Qualifications Committee (2008-2014)
- Licensed Title Agent for Fidelity Title Company
- Board Member for Abbeville Area Medical Center
- Advisory Board Member for A Place for Us Ministries